Saturday, June 24, 2006

Back in the saddle

Back from the bike shop with a new bike, woo-woo! I'm not telling you what I got just yet, you'll have to remain in suspense for just a leeetle big longer. I must have ridden about a dozen different bikes, some hybrids, some road bikes, and some in between. Up and down I rode (yay for being about to try out the bikes!) on the same city streets. I practically became friends with the neighorhood folk, sitting out on their stoop watching me test yet another bike out. Here is the winner:















The 2006 Specialized Sirrus. Yes, it is a hybrid and I am fully aware that I may be laughed at or snuffed by real roadies. But ya know what, this is the bike I felt most comfortable on and enjoyed the most riding. That's what really counts. I tried out several different road bikes and just wasn't feeling it. I'm sure my experience on the road bikes would have been a lot better had I been riding on a street with fewer to zero potholes, no cars going every which way, car doors sporadically opening from nowhere, etc. But in all honesty, I don't envision myself riding any country roads anytime soon. This bike will take me around town and down the bike paths and through multiple races. Also, don't be fooled by the flat handlebars and the word "hybrid". This baby is fast! I hope the weather forecaster's predictions are wrong about tomorrow just as they were about today (no rain, yippee!). I can't wait to take this baby out for a long ride.

I wonder if I should give her or him (gender is not yet known) a name? Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home