Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Today's News

...is no news. I didn't work out today. Instead, I met Peter for lunch. Granted, it was a healthy lunch. I couldn't work out after work because I was meeting a friend for dinner (yummmm...Zaytinya). From now on, I vow to work out during lunch every day with 2 exceptions: 1) Friday - everyone needs a day off sometimes and 2) If work is really, really, really crazy. Number 2 doesn't happen all that often, actually, it's very rare but I do have to make an exception in case it does happen. I gotta keep the dough rolling in ya'll.

New shoes update

Yesterday I worked out with my new 'old' Adidas. I only took them out for a 3.5 mile run. The first half mile I started to get shin splints. I stopped and stretched, then started back. The shin splints went away but it took me a while to get into the run. I blame this on not having my mp3 player with me. It was weird to hear myself breathing over the sound of my feet hitting the path. I'm so used to my music now, I even have songs that I play on certain parts of my run. I just was off without the music. Around the end of mile 2 I found my stride and started enjoying myself. I could hear footsteps running my pace a few strides behind me. I looked back and saw the steps belonged to two Marines. I couldn't help wondering what they must have been thinking about knowing they were running the same pace as a girl. At a stoplight about a mile later, one of them looked at me and jokingly said "I think you're following us" to which I pointed out that they were behind me. Good thing our paths went different directions shortly after because I was at the end of my run and losing steam (in other words, I think I probably would have ended up following them afterall). All in all, I am happy with the shoes. I was experiencing a little hip pain yesterday, but not nearly as much as the times after I ran with the old shoes. I'm going out for a run tomorrow and making sure I have my mp3 player this time!

Swimming news
Beth and I have a lesson with Illeana tomorrow after work. I'm excited to show her the progress we've made (three months ago we were winded after going 20 yards - now we can swim 750 yards +). I'm also excited to get some pointers. I know I need to improve my form, I just need to know what I'm doing wrong first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home