Sunday, June 04, 2006

Toddlers and Tots

I am the proud new aunt to a beautiful baby boy. Ryan Anthony was born on Friday, June 2nd at 9:17 in the morning. He's so tiny and cute. Ryan, Mom and Dad are all doing fine. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.

While he was going down the birth canal, I watched my three year old neice-soon to be big sister- in the hospital waiting room. The hospital had a little courtyard that we immediately took advantage of. We played every game I could think of, from London Bridge to Simon Says, toss in a little Red Light Green Light and top it off with some Duck Duck Goose. That girl has energy! When I was taking a break from all the games she would just run and run in circles, full speed! I kept thinking how wonderful it would be to have that kind of energy now when I am trying to get through my runs.

Saturday morning I got to play with my other neice, Corinne, who is almost two years old. Her mommy was a little under the weather so I took Corinne out running with me in her baby jogger. She loved it!!! While it was a little harder to run while pushing the stroller, I was amazed at how easy it really was. Corinne was also great motivation, she kept giving me high fives just when it seemed my resolve to keep running was wavering. I only did two and a half miles, but I completed what I set out to do. I should have taken a picture of Corinne's hair after we stopped. It was completely windblown!

I hope I am able to complete all my workouts this week. I am starting my summer classes so my Tuesday and Thursday evenings are going to be completely shot. Also, I have so much work to do this week for the real job that I'm just not looking forward to this week AT ALL. Luckily I already made plans with Beth to try out this Masters Swimming team tomorrow night so I know I'll at least get ONE swim workout in. I hope we aren't the slowest on the team! Really, even if we are I just hope we're able to keep up AND learn something too. I really don't know what to expect though so we'll just have to see.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

You're back! Glad to see ya! :)

9:38 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Jessi. It's good to be back. :)

5:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home