Monday, August 07, 2006

In a Funk.

Everything was going great. I had my first open water swim experience since training on Saturday, July 29th (outcome: challenging but manageable). I've been really sticking to the schedule, so much so that I went for a pool workout right after my haircut and style (had to fit in the workout somewhere…which meant I couldn't enjoy my hair at it's best since I'll never be able to style my hair as well as Damian).

Beth and I also rode the Iron Girl event bike course in Columbia, MD this past Saturday. The course was extremely hilly and difficult but never did I think that I couldn't do it or curse myself at signing up for the event. I was really really excited afterwards, as a matter of fact. I felt to proud and accomplished that I had come this far.

And then…Saturday night as I'm lying in bed I start freaking out. My body hurt. I was exhausted, mentally and physically. So yesterday I decided to take a break from training. I cleaned the apartment. I ran some errands. I had an iced chai with whip from Starbucks. I painted.

But I still feel blah today. I know I should run today, but I just don't feel like it. I'm going on vacation next week and wish it were this week. I think I just need a break. I hope I didn't use up all my energy out there on the country roads this past weekend. I know I just need to push through until this cloud passes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

Congrats on surviving a hard week, training and all. Not to mention the CRAZY heat. That alone will take a tremendous toll.

It's GREAT to read that you did well on the bike course. I heard it's pretty hilly... Are there any substantial flats? Like Sherri, I plan to go out there sometime for a test ride. I haven't ridden a course this summer that had a single foot of flatness!

You're going to have a GREAT race, and an even better vacation next week! Good luck out there.
-Steph

6:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hi Sherri. Thanks for the supportive comment on the post. I'm feeling much better today, by the way. :) hoorah.

As for the race, my friend and I are staying out there the night before. It's only an hour drive from DC, but since we have to be there on Saturday for all that pre-race stuff and race itself is early, we just thought it would be easier to spend the night there.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Don't worry about pushing through. Being tired, sore, and unmotivated means you need at least 1 day off if not more! You have to be wary of overtraining this late in the season.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home