Sunday, July 23, 2006

Time flies...

...when you're busy.

Quick recap of the past few weeks:
  • Went to Florida on family vacation. It was hot and a little crazy but it's always nice to spend time with family and get out of the office.
  • Mid-terms, and homework galore.

In training news, I'm sticking more to a schedule than I have over the past few months, but it's still not good enough. The triathlon is in five weeks and I am determined to stick to a training strict training schedule over these next five weeks. After this week, I really have no excuse to not stick with the program.

Not that I have been terrible about training. I have been running, biking, and swimming several times a week. Yesterday I went on a 22 mile bike ride around Northwest DC. It was my first time on the Capital Crescent Trail and it was an awesome and beautiful wooded trail! This city never ceases to amaze me. Around Chevy Chase I got a little turned around trying to find the trail and ended up riding along with 3 other people that just got back from a 3 week bike tour through France. I would love to do that some day. The only bad part about the ride was the fact that my hands are still a little numb...more than 24 hours later! I've read enough to know not to be too concerned...as it usually goes away. However, I also know enough to go to the bike shop and figure out just what the heck is wrong. I'm hoping I will just have to adjust the seat and maybe buy some gloves.

Now back to studying.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

defintely difficult to balance life, work, and training. ugh.

7:24 PM  
Blogger MissJenny said...

I had the same problem with my hands -- except after one ride, my left pinkie became paralyzed!

I went for a professional fitting at a bike shop and they raised my handlebars a bit and did some other adjustments. It was well worth the $75 it cost.

I know it's hard to balance everything, but I figure as long as I do something, anything, it's work in the bank. Good luck!

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home