Thursday, July 27, 2006

Everywhere and here

My summer classes are done. Done I say! These eight weeks have flown by and amazingly I have accomplished in this short amount of time what has normally taken me a whole year! See what happens when I put my mind to something. Yes, I am the little choo-choo that could.

Ok, I don't want to get too ahead of myself. I really can't complain about the classes. I enjoyed them but I am glad they are over. Now I can get back to other important things. Like training! Oh, and blogging!

Last night I had a dream about swimming. I think this is the third time since I've started swimming (back in January) that I've had a swimming dream. I love them. There's something so peaceful about dreaming that you're gliding through a body of water. Last night I dreamt that I was swimming in a lake. It kept getting bigger, which is a good thing, since it started out as a tiny little pond. It was never a scary dream. I even questioned in the dream if there were aligators in the lake but some kind dream character assured me there were no aligators, and I believed him. So I just swam around the lake, enjoying the serenity of it all. Can you tell I'm looking forward to my lake swim this weekend?

Tomorrow I am leaving work early to make it to the bike shop before they close for a bike fitting. Today is the first day that I have not had any tingling feeling since my ride on Saturday. I am determined not to have numb hands from my planned ride on Sunday.

I wish everyone luck on their races this weekend!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

Sherry, Funny thing, I was going to ask you where you lake swim too! I just don't know of one that is close by. I'm going to Lake Anna in Spotsylvania county. It's an hour and a half drive, but more realistically with traffic it will be about two hours. They have a nice beach area there and swimming is permitted so no need to worry about security!

I'm very excited AND nervous about the 27th. I think it's going to be awesome though!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I have been so happy since my bike fitting! You'll love yours. I have no more wrist or rear pain!

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home